Thursday, March 20, 2008

Bantam Chickens

We have chickens. I've always wanted some chickens and a friend had some Bantam's that he was giving away so we got 4. They are wild so you can't really get to close to them yet....but I love watching and listening to them.

Here's the rooster. He's got a really quiet crow in the morning but I love hearing it.



Here he is with his three hens. The two black hens really shine in the sun and the feathers are very iridescent with reds, blues, greens and purples. The little buff colored one seems to be getting used to me being around more than the others so far. I really like her.



The littlest black hen is the one that is always hiding and hard to get her in the pic so she's not in this one.



Or this one.



And the rooster seems to be telling me I've taken enough pictures and I need to leave them alone. Don't you just love rooster tails? I think my next painting may just have to be a rooster painting....with some hen paintings to follow.



And we are going to be getting more chickens, full size chickens this time. Ekkk! Hub's order 6 chicks. 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 White Leghorns and 2 Araucana (these chickens lay blue eggs and they are so awesome looking....a friend has one of these chickens and has been blowing the eggs out and keeping them. I can't wait for some blue eggs.) Like we really needed more animals around the place.

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

When I first read this...I thought you said "Batman" chickens! HA! Where are those dang reading glasses?!

Happy Easter, Jonna. xox

11:01 AM  
Blogger Pam Aries said...

The more animals the better,I say! We used to have chickens , but nothing exotic. Oh man..I used to get those poor dyed baby chicks at Easter. ..THey always died and i would be devastated.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home