Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Out to play

I got a new camera a while back but just never got around to figuring out how to use it. It's a Nikon D50 Digital. Went out to check the horse's water tank to make sure it wasn't frozen solid and found these tracks....


and just had to take a picture of them. Well the next thing you know I had taken over 200 pictures. Mostly of sagebrush and snow on our unfenced natural 5 acres. I loaded most on to my flickr account which you can see here My Flickr Account

But here is one of my favorites. It's just a weed but I liked the way it turned out.


And then there is this thing. I have more pics on flickr. These are weeds of some type I'm sure. They are so so strange. And they are almost as tall as I am. If anyone knows what these are I would love to know.

Hope they are not noxious and take over the place. Can you say Alien invasion.....?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last one looks like an alien! I have a friend who has that Nikon and she loves it.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

jonna, that is the same camera i have. i love using it. know you will too.

karen

9:22 PM  
Blogger Laume said...

Jonna, I think those alien things are mullein flower/seed stalks. They're usually tall and thin, like the one in the background. But occasionally I see the mutant ones like the one in the foreground. There's a whole colony of them on a nearby highway to us, which always makes me think perhaps there's some toxic waste there, but maybe it's just a natural aberation?

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home