Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Commissioned

This is what I've been working on the last few days. My first commissioned piece for someone other than family or friend. I was very very nervous when she stopped at the frame shop to pick it up. My family really liked the way it turned out but I had no idea how the folks who commissioned it would like it.

Here is Thunder before framing:



And here is Thunder after framing:



It was a challenge but I have found that most commissioned work is but I learn so much from each one that I do. And it's such a great feeling to have them like what you've done.

On another good note: The artist who organized the We Art Women benefit art show wants to buy one of my paintings....whoopee, yahoo...and she has invited me to submit my work to be juried into their co-op art gallery. Which I would love to do but...they have monthly fees since it is a co-op and with us being unemployed at this time I don't think we can swing the extra expense... but it feels so great to be invited. I was really thrilled.

6 Comments:

Blogger artbrat said...

What a great painting. You captured a great personality in his face.

Congratulations on the sale and invitation. I hope that the employment situation works itself out quickly. It sure makes for a stressfull time so hang in there.

I hope that your friends prognosis is better than what she thinks. She's in my prayers.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Kel said...

Congratulations! That is such great news - even if you aren't in a position to take it up at the moment. You've really captured some personality in that dogs face, he looks so proud of his catch.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Pam Aries said...

YAY Jonna! The painting is awesome! I would commission you to paint Spot..uh if I had $$ hee hee! Fantastic artwork! See..I knew you would be a famous artist.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

What a great painting, Jonna...your clients will love it! Congrats on the gallery invitation too.

So sorry about your friend's brain tumor though...that is devastating. Lots of ying and yang going on for you, eh?

Hang in there though and lean on your art. It's beautiful!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That painting is great! I love the dogs face. So expressive.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

Hi, back again! Just wanted to say thanks for your comment - the procrastination is not working well for me. When will you find out if they liked the painting? Oh and thanks for adding me to your 'blogs I visit'.
Kel x

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home