Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another straw

As if we haven't had enough going on.....Hub's lost his job yesterday. He had only been with this company for a month, he really disliked the job from almost the beginning but it was a pay check and with me unemployed felt a little more secure (ha). He thinks it might have something to do with the fact he had to call in on Friday with his mom in the hospital and he's had to take some time off to take her to appointments and things. Oh well, looks like we just need to regroup and figure out what we're going to do.

And I'm still sick. Worse than I was before. This darn nasty thing has moved into my ear and chest with a nasty cough to go along with it. Isn't this a nice cheery post....

But at least I got some artwork done. This little house just makes me smile every time I walk by and see it. It's 6 1/4 by 12. It cheer's me up.



And this little pear is a smaller version of another pear I did a while back. It's on a 4x4 canvas and will be going into a raffle for the benefit art show I'm participating in this Thursday in Boise.


I'm hoping that the three pieces I have entered will sell so that I have some pocket money for Art Fest this year.....keep your fingers crossed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

Isn't it amazing that in the face of illness and family worry, we must make art. I often wonder what it would take to turn off that tap...cut off my arm and i would use the other, cut off that and i would recite only or kiss the canvas with painted-stained lips.
I had a bad time last year when my brother was taken suddenly ill, very ill...so i sat in his hospital room and drew his face, his ear, the needles.
it is oddly liberating to do what you must, isn't it?

nice work, too.
alicia

3:22 PM  
Blogger Pam Aries said...

HOLY Cow! I cannot believe your hub lost his job...Dang! Something better will come Yes! I started a job back in the market this week. Thank Gawd. Of course my old Volvo broke down..mwaaahahaha. I better go do some art to shake it off! meOW .

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! What awful timing. I bet your work will sell. Those two pieces are adorable! I really love the pear.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Oh geez, Jonna...is mercury in retrograde or something?! I know how you feel though...we've kind of had a year like that too.

I can't believe your husband was fired for taking care of his mother. Unbelievable! I guess all you can say is better than he doesn't work for a company that has so little compassion.

You hang in there, J. Maisie and I send lots of good thoughts your way. xox

6:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

keep the faith, sending good vibes your way!!!! your art is beautiful!
kathy :-)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home