Thursday, January 17, 2008

More animal photos

I have been doing some art work, just haven't gotten any photo's of anything so am posting more of our animals.

This is Babie. Babie is our orphan girl. She was born here on our place. Her mother was my Arabian mare, Centre, whom I loved and adored. But due to complications during the birth we lost Centre 5 days after Babie was born. Lucky for us Babie took to drinking out of a bucket right away and thrived. Her father was Ian, a Quarter Horse that lives down at the end of our road.



And this is her 1/2 sister Calisto. I've always called her my Eyeore horse...she usually looks kind of glum with her ears pinned back with a woe is me look about her, but not in this pic. We also call her our pocket pony. If your out in the field doing something she is right there with you all the time and as close to you as possible. she really loves to help you out with any chore you have. She was also born on our place 3 days before Babie. Her mother is our Quarter Horse mare, Misty Blu, aka Pearly Blue Badger.



And here are the two of them together - I cut off the her nose but loved the way she has her neck arched and you can see the Arabian more in this pic. They are both such shaggy ponies and dirty dirty. But it's to darn cold to get out and brush this week.



And last but not least is another one of our orphan kitties. (Yes we are very good at raising orphans. Something that I really love and hate at the same time. Feedings every two hours really gets annoying after a while.) This is Buffy. Of the four she was the only one with no tail. I'll get pics of the others up on a later post.



And my news this week. I bombed another phone interview today. Half of the things they asked me I had never even heard of before....oh well, maybe it's time for a career change.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam Aries said...

OHhh! I love seeing all the animals . This would be a dream come true for me . THe horses are gorgeous!...Okay, I know it's not funny , but your comment about your phone interview made me laugh. The universe is telling YOU something..ha! You don't really want those jobs anyway, now do ya? the following is a subliminal message(make and sell art...paint pictures of all the farm animals and goings on ..heh heh)

2:39 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Jonna...not to worry...your phone interviews MAY be leading you to a different direction in your life. Have faith!:)

Love your photos...that first one of Babie is so sweet. Such a pretty girl.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home