Monday, November 10, 2008

What a tea cup!

My girl attended a tea ceremony the other day that one of her students invited her to. Here is a picture of my daughter taking part. Can you believe this tea cup? Or rather tea bowl... it's huge. The teapot was also just as huge. She said it was really heavy.



She is off tomorrow to Thailand. Her boyfriend (works for Alaska Air, wish I did) flew in a few days ago and she is flying out of Nagoya Japan to Bangkok. She sure loves to travel. They are going to have so much fun I'm sure.

As for me, we did one of our annual local art shows this weekend. I usually do very well at this show but didn't do so hot this time? I'm sure everyone is holding tighter to their dollars this year than in previous years.

Here are two of the newer pieces I had for this show. Think I'll get my etsy account set up to sell and see if we can do any business there.




4 Comments:

Blogger rivergardenstudio said...

What an amazing tea cup and a lucky daughter you have. Your newest art looks so fun and happy! Roxanne

3:37 PM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

I love the exaggerated features that you use in your work.

Wow -- that is a giant teacup!

Your daughter's traveling adventures sound so dreamy.

Susan

6:41 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Wow, that is one big teacup. You could take a bath in that!

Your new paintings are so great, Jonna. The "Modigliani'ish" lady made me laugh out loud. Love her!

6:36 AM  
Blogger deb did it said...

I stumbled upon your wonderful blog thru PJ...love your style...gotcha bookmarked!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home