Sunday, October 26, 2008

My First Journal class

Yesterday I taught my first art journal class.

I was pretty nervous. I had three signed up, BK is a retired high school art teacher and well known in this area for her amazing watercolor paintings, BR is the current high school art teacher and also well known in this area for her wonderful cute colorful art work (her blog is listed at the top of my favorite blog spots, and DN who is a fiber artist and she had just taken a class a while back on bookmaking and had some really nice journal type books she had made...

But they were all wonderful made me feel very comfortable and we had a really really good time.

I totally forgot to take photos of their journals, I'm hoping to catch them in the coming weeks to try and get some pictures of what they did. They all did awesome work.

I must have done a fairly good job as they are all interested in taking some more classes on art journaling and doll making.

Below is what I did as demo's. They are not completely finished yet but well on their way.

Front cover:


Inside page:


Other side:


another page:


I still have 3 pages to get started and complete before the journal is filled.

I had so much fun doing this and they all seemed to be having fun also.

Thanks ladies it was a great experience.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

Congratulations! What a great experience, I'm so glad it went well.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're teaching!!! Yay you! I'm so happy for you. What a great step. I can't wait to see what your future holds.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

I would love to take one of your journaling classes. Your pages are gorgeous...and that crow is the best! He makes me laugh.

By the way, Jonna...your posts about your mom are so very touching. Such a difficult thing for you to experience...but you write it about it so eloquently.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful first experience! I adore the piece of the crow!

Thank you for the gorgeous poem you left on my blog -- i am deeply grateful.

Susan

7:50 PM  
Blogger rivergardenstudio said...

Your class sounds like it was wonderful, and I love your journal pages and cover. I look forward to seeing your student's work! Roxanne

8:29 AM  
Blogger Ingelien said...

Lovely colours.
I love it!

12:50 PM  
Blogger RicĂ« said...

i LOVE this bird! the other pages are terrific, but this guy is my favorite--

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home