Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Brr must be close to winter time....

I'm not a big fan of winter. I've never liked the cold. I don't care much for snow, unless I'm warm and toasty inside by a fire and do not have to go out unless I want to. I don't like the shorter days that winter brings with it. Though the mountains out back are beautiful with the snow blanketing them it just reminds me of how the short cold days of winter have arrived.



So I hole up in the warm cozy (okay chaotic but cozy to me) studio and let my imagination take hold and paint.

Two pages from my recent visual journal.





Stay warm and cozy by the fire.

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

I am in love with the first one!

Susan

11:33 AM  
Blogger Mary S. Hunt said...

great blog and these pages are wonderful too...and thank you for introducing me to the pioneer woman

i am not much a fan for this winter stuff either

a blizzard is supposed to be on the way...

oh yippee

9:29 AM  
Blogger lily said...

These pages are delicious! I love the expression and gestures in the red dress page, and the cat looks so smug. Just lovely.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

Ooh, I love that top one. The cat is cool too, but the top one is very unique. "Portrait of a Mood" I'd love to use something like that for Nora in "I Want to Live Here" alicia

1:51 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

Wonderful pages, so much character - the red dress page seems like it has a whole story behind it. We are experiencing the full impact of a rainy England November. Cold and wet, oh joy.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Patti Sandham said...

Love these pages. Intriguing textures and shading! I just keep staring. :)

Cheers Pattio

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home