Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Cover letters?

No photos or pics today. My Internet link is down and using daughter's.

I have been looking for a new job for the last few weeks as my last day at my current position will be Nov 16th. I have been with my current employer for almost 18 years. Now I discover you not only need a resume but you now need a cover letter. What the f*#$? What is a cover letter?

Well, it seems to be an introduction (did I spell that right? I don't even know any more or really care) and prelude to your resume. We sure didn't do cover letters the last time I was out looking for a job. So am scrabbling trying to figure all this crap out.

Other news: My friend LJ with the brain cancer is back in the hospital with a staph infection after the second surgery for the tumor which they were not able to get all of it. When I went to visit her yesterday in the H she was not in the best of moods, but then who would be in her situation. They give her 3 to 6 months...unless she can get into a trial that may prolong her life for a few more months to a few more years....

Sorry such a depressing post...but things aren't all rosey for us at the moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Good to hear from you, Jonna. It's such a crappy thing to have to look for a new job. My husband was laid off two years ago and it took 9 months to find a new job. Not a fun time!

I'm so sorry your friend is struggling so much too. Sending good thoughts and many hugs. Hang in there!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jonna, thinking of you daily!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Patti Sandham said...

Hi Jonna,

Thinking of you and sending you cyber hugs. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Love Pattio

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home