Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What a week.

This is a spread I did in one of my altered art group members books. Next month we should be done with our RR altered books and I can hardly wait to get mine back. It is so much fun to see each month what has been done. The horse in this painting is my girl, Babe. We've had her since day one. She is our little orphan baby. We lost her mom, Centre (pronounced sin-tree...long story) 5 days after Babe was born.




Other news: This was my first week of being unemployed. I applied for unemployment...but only applied to one job. It's kind of hard to feel unemployed this week it being Thanksgiving week and all. I kind of feel like Scarlet O'Hara in 'Gone with the Wind'...And I will worry about it tomorrow...or next week or next month....

Our 2nd annual local art show went well. I did very well so was pretty happy.

Have all the potato's for tomorrow done (sweet and mashed) and the turkey is soaking in it's brine overnight. CR and I are doing all the fixing's this year as LJ still isn't doing all that great. So will be dragging everything down to CR's house tomorrow for the feast. Just hoping that this won't be our last Thanksgiving with LJ.

wishing everyone a wonderful peaceful Thanksgiving.

Jonna

4 Comments:

Blogger Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

Hi Jonna,
thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I like this altered page very much. look forward to seeing the RR. I'd like to get my artist's group to do that, but we've all got such different things going on.

I did a lot of temping over the years and can say that if you can bear to work during the holidays, you can probably start working tomorrow. the trick is to call the service at 7 a.m. and say, "I'm dressed and ready to go"
good luck.
alicia (abg at sendingpagesouttodry.blogspot.com)

6:51 AM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Jonna, it seems that everyone gets laid off right before the holidays. That's Grinchie!

Really love your painting of Babe. It's beautiful. xo

5:25 PM  
Blogger Nat said...

Though it's been twenty years, the whole on unemployment and doing art gig rings a bell with me. Don't know if you are familiar with her work, but you look like you might enjoy Leah at creativeeveryday.com. Thanks for the input at my site.

Regards,

Nat

4:07 PM  
Blogger Pam Aries said...

Dear jonna...WOW! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!!! Gee..you definetly found me for a reason! ha. I woke up this morning and was going to delete that post ,hoping no one had read it! I had 6 wonderful responses. I can't believe you lost your job too! Bless your animal loving heart! I love you art too!

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home