Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Waiting

Well this is the week we find out who's jobs will be outsourced. Today is our big department meeting and on Thursday we have our one-on-one's to tell us who will be leaving the company.

So this weekend I played with my oil pastels and came up with these little beauties. It helps keeping busy other wise my mind is so scattered I can hardly get anything done.



I just about rubbed my finger raw blending the pastels....finally got a paint rag to use instead of just my finger...duh...

This little guy has been sitting on my desk for months. Had drawn him up but just never got around to painting him. Well that rust colored oil pastel was screaming that it was the right color for the little fox.

Off to get ready to go to work. Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy Wise said...

Hi Jonna. First of all I want to wish you good mojo on your work situation. Outsourcing. I could rant. Secondly, Conrad's? Wha ......? Que pasa? I think a play on the initials of Cloth, Paper Scissors, right?

9:34 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Hope all is ok at your workplace, Jonna. Your pastel work here is great...love the fox and your big bold black outlines!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let your highest good be served by this recent challenge. And though it is a salary we are discussing, try to remember that we are not what we do or for whom we labor. We are much BIGGER than our jobs/titles.
In the meantime...do what your art.
I love your work, especially the fox and the pears and I too love the boldness of the outlines.
All the best to you,
Sassafras

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jonna said...

Sassafras, I wish I had your e-mail or blog link. Loved what you had to say. Thanks for the wonderful insight and comments.
Jonna

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home