Monday, March 02, 2009

She's come and gone

But it was so nice to have her home even though it was a short stay. She is safe and sound back in Japan. And I can't wait to go in April to see her and go exploring with her.

In the mean time I go to work and in between phone calls, processing reports and at lunch I doodle.

Week before last I decided to use the same scarp of paper for the whole week and just add to it every day. Here are the results:



And this was last weeks doodles



On Friday last week I had already run out of room on the original paper so started another....



I can see some of these doodles showing up in some future paintings. I may have to make myself a little doodle journal to keep at my desk....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting. how large is the paper? regular bond, suitable for dull meetings?
when i taught at the art college (English), I had to learn that my students could not listen to a lecture without doodling. it was the way they were. I've taken that characteristic to heart. some of my best doodles were done while having mom on the phone.
alicia

9:40 AM  
Blogger Patti Sandham said...

Love your doodling! I think it is a real release of our imagination as it seems so relaxed and fun to do. Have a fantastic time visiting your daughter next month.

ps my horse is shedding like crazy. How about yours?

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those doodles. I think a doodle journal is a great idea. It would be great to look through when it's filled.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

These are the best doodles, Jonna! That last one really blows me away. You must have really good dreams.:)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home