Sunday, February 01, 2009

Where I've been and What I've been up to

This drawing says it all.....so many things going on at once, swirling around me keeping me dizzy.



New job, new position as co-chairperson for our local visual arts committee, chairperson for one of our annual art shows at a local winery on Feb 7th...ekk that's next weekend and helping my dear friend and 'former boss' close her framing shop/art gallery business (17 years in business). I have inherited all kinds of wonderful fun things....tons of mat board, all shapes, all sizes, all colors. Many will be showing up in my artwork for sure.



I so totally dropped the ball on the Jan daily art journal challenge....but I did get some things drawn, doodles really mostly done at work during down time....I have the cutest little 3.5 x 4.75 sketchbook that my 'former boss' gave me after Christmas and it is so handy to carry in my purse and pull out to sketch and doodle in.



Missed the deadline for entry into this years We Art Women art show. Something had to give and that was it....I'm a little sad about it, it is a wonderful show and for such a good cause but just could not get anything ready in time.



Crazy doodles.

I also wanted to say THANK YOU for the e-mails and inquires as to where I was....and the concern shown. Thank you thank you thank you. I so enjoy hearing from you all and visiting everyone when I get the chance. It still is amazing to me how technology has opened up our connections. the inspiration and encouragement I receive from all over is so amazing to me and I thank everyone of you for it.

Thank you one and all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you post! I can't believe your friend is closing her business. That is just so sad!

I hope the job is going well. It must be strange to have to show up some place daily after having your time mostly be your own.

Love these "doodles". I hope you submit a doodle or two to my zine. Take care!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

The doodles are great. More like cartoons and definitely useful beyond the pleasure of doing them. Glad to know someone else is doodling during "downtime"
Glad you're back on line
alicia

9:51 AM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

So nice to see you back! You've been missed, my friend.

Sounds like a lot of exciting things are going on in your life...I'm very happy for you.

Love your doodles...especially the last set. Those are fantastic.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Patti Sandham said...

Your doodles are so graphic and fun!
You got a job and its in the art field. How cool is that!!!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Apple said...

Cute doodles!!!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home