Monday, November 24, 2008

Voodoo dolls and drawing eyes

I taught a voodoo doll class this weekend for a few friends. Of course I didn't get mine done yet I was working on three at the same time but Brenda got her's done and was kind enough to post it on her blog.....

Brenda's voodoo dolls

She managed to get two finished and they turned out so awesome. We had so much fun and I feel like they taught me as much as I taught them...

It just amazes me that a few years ago I barely knew any artist's in town and now I feel we are creating quite the little artsy group. We are discussing getting together once a month to do something creative. I can hardly wait.

Eyes: The eyes are the window of the soul.

I love drawing eyes. Today while sitting at the computer reading blogs, I ended up on Youtube and found some tutorials on drawing eyes....so here is what I sketched on some printer paper...so much fun. Youtube is awesome.



Next noses and mouths....will be sketching some tomorrow as I'm taking my friend Cindy in for out patient surgery on her shoulder...so I will be sitting at the hospital and plan to take my sketch book and journal for company...and maybe a good book to read. I'm not sure how long it's going to take....wish her luck, I know she's pretty worried about the surgery.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happiest of Thanksgiving wishes to you Jonna. I hope you have a fabulous day. Those eyes are great. I love the detail.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Susan Tuttle said...

A voodoo doll class -- how cool!

There is just something about the eyes for me in art making as well!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan

9:04 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Hope your friend came through the surgery ok. Sending healing thoughts her way.

Those voodoo dolls are fantastic!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca said...

Aren't you supposed to draw the eyes using ink mixed with the tears of your voodoo victims?

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home