Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th was always my mother's favorite day. She was born on April 13th and whenever if fell on a Friday we always had a big celebration.

I've taken the day off to paint. I will be displaying at our little local gallery next Thursday for their annual Artist's Reception and I'm trying to get some more pieces done for that. Here is one of the pieces I finished last week for it:



I really like the way it turned out...now just need to get the wire on the back and ready to hang.

Below are some more of the black and white doodle things I've been obsessed with...
This first one I did for the lady I was sharing a cubicle with at work....I've changed jobs so moved to another area and she was really bummed because I took all my artwork with me...well duh...she already has one of my pieces but I went ahead and made this one for her. We've known each other for ever and she has always liked my artwork. Even the weird stuff...:)





















This one was just done while watching TV. I have been doing a lot of these in my journal...around the edges, in the middle all over....someday I will need to scan those in and post them.





















Well back to painting....


ta-ta for now

2 Comments:

Blogger Shari Beaubien said...

Jonna, your little yellow flower and black and white doodles are captivating, each in their own way. I'm sure your work will be a hit at the show! Thanks for visiting my blog, too! Hugs, Shari

5:32 AM  
Blogger kelly rae said...

just found you via the artfest yahoo group. congratulations on selling your works. isn't it amazing?! keep painting...

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home