Saturday, September 02, 2006

Heart breaking news

One of my best friends AL called last night on her way home from work. Her mother who has been battling breast cancer for what seems like forever has more in her lymph nodes under her arm. This will be her 3rd round of chemo in the battle. Why do bad things happen to good people? She is such a wonderful, friendly, amazingly giving woman and she does not deserve this happening to her. I just don’t understand why these things happen.

I found this poem in our little local weekly mailing advertisement after I hung up with AL and for some reason felt it fit ML.

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Into his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

Emily Dickinson

My heart is just breaking knowing the struggle that she is facing. I just hope that the support of her friends and family can keep her spirits up and keep her fighting this battle.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home