Monday, July 07, 2008

Journaling

Newest journal. Another one I've made. This one is about 6 1/2 by 8 1/2 leather with 140lb watercolor paper pages. I love making my own journals and love working on the watercolor paper.



And here is the most recently finished (I think) page in this little journal.



When I start having mental blocks with my art work or journaling I like to make these little smooshed painting things. Remember when you were in grade school, you'd take a sheet of paper, fold it in half, open it back up, smear paint on the page then refold and smoosh it all together then pull apart. Was always one of my favorite things to do in art class.

I've been working on more little houses. Like these that I did for
artfest trades. Haven't gotten pics of the new houses but will before they go to the gallery for display.

And speaking of the gallery, finally got a pic of my wall



this was before the show at the Cold Creek Winery and we have changed the wall a bit. I've hung more paintings and rearranged a little.

Have joined another yahoo group. This one is theartjournal started by Ricë Freeman-Zachery. I joined last night and need to go check out all the entries. Looks like it might be a good journaling resource.

Off to start my day.

9 Comments:

Blogger aimee said...

jonna, beautiful journal work! i love the diversity of your artistic styles! aimee

9:42 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

smooshy bunny XD love it!
i also have to agree wholeheartedly with aimee's comment :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Raene said...

I love the smooshed painting! :) I'll have to try that method when I get stuck as well.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

Me too! I'm stymied all summer. Had lunch at Barnes and Noble today, while oil was changed in car. they finally got in 1,000 Journal Pages. Came upon yours with real delight! "I know her!"
very cool.
Alicia

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonder pages! Love the watercolor effect.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Linda O'Neill said...

Love those journal pages, Jonna! The colors are striking.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened upon your 1000 Journal Pages as well. I can't believe you didn't tell that you'd submitted pages! They are fabulous.

I started my art journal this weekend while on a camping trip and I just love it! LOVE IT! Thank you so so much for it. I'll post pages soon.

Take care!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Kel said...

Beautiful journal, beautiful pages! Can't wait to see your entry in the book.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Joy Logan said...

I see a dog face on that page spread! Is it just me?

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home