Monday, June 05, 2006

YeeHaw.....

I am so excited. Our county/town has a Visual Arts group and art roster for local artist's. To get into the roster you must be juried in. I had to submit 3 pieces of my artwork to be judged. And I made it. Small though it be it is still a first step in becoming more confident in my artwork and actually getting out into the public eye. They sponsor art shows around the county with one or two bigger ones at a winery that's in the next small town. I've been on pins and needles for the last few weeks wondering if I was going to make it into the roster. I almost feel like Sally Fields when she uttered those infamous lines at the Academy Awards years ago....'You like me, you really like me' or something along those lines.
Another really cool event coming up is the publication of the book by Gabe Cyr - 'New Directions in Altered Books'. One of the pages I submitted (I only submitted two) is going to be in the book....the book comes out in July and I can hardly wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn E. Shepherd Nguyen said...

Hi Jonna!
Congratulations on getting in - that's a huge first step! I have yet to be so brave :)
We missed you at Puyallup!
I didn't think X3 was too predictable, although it is based on the comics so if you've read those you would know what's going to happen. I also didn't like that they killed off some main characters but that's the way it goes...hoping for X4 in the future...
LOVE your cat painting-excellent work! Keep 'em coming :)
Talk to you soon,
Dawn E. Shepherd

6:51 PM  
Blogger Judy Wise said...

Congratulations, Jonna. You have taken the plunge and been rewarded. As Goethe said, "Boldness has power and magic in it".

Continue to be bold!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Rambling Rose said...

What a wonderful gift it is to be validated as an artist. Congradulations! You do beautiful work:o)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home