Monday, August 18, 2008

Where have I been?

Did a show a few weekends ago at Carmela Winery. This is the view from the window that I was set up next to.



This is my booth display.



And this was one of my newer pieces I displayed. The photo is a little on the dark side.



Another pear painting. This one I did for my friend Angie for her birthday. I really like this one, just love the way it turned out.



And this was done for Mary. My friend who is now battling brain cancer.



Mary came for a visit (Angie is her daughter) and has ended up in the hospital. She cannot swallow and seems the cancer is shutting down everything in her throat. It was so hard going to the hospital to see her. Seems I've spend way to much time in hospital's this year.

These past few weeks it has been really hard for me to keep from falling into depression, and maybe I already have. Job rejections, friends illnesses, daughter across the world and other things that are looming on the horizon that are not going to be nice. Some days I just feel like hands are pulling me down and the struggle to stay up seems to be getting harder.

Put things are looking up. My husband got a job and he will be going to get his A&P license in September. It's something he's been wanting to do for years and should have done it a long time ago. This license will allow him to work on aircraft and hopefully find better employment and something he loves doing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your show looks amazing! I hope you had great results. Woohoo for husband getting a job Jonna! And for geting his A & P license too.

I see one of the little houses there on the table looking all sassy. I really love the tree painting.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

Just about the leave the office in a bit of a snit b/c I'm getting a lackluster performance review but jumped on the blogosphere for a quick visit.

You always make me realize life is a combination of the sad and the happy, the moving and the stalled and that yes, death and illness with us and not always evenly distributed. I count my blessings and send a lit candle to you all the way from Atlanta.
Alicia

2:38 PM  
Blogger ArtPropelled said...

I have just wandered over from Seth's to see what you do. Love the funky pear!Hope your life soon takes off in a new direction filled with opportunities.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Patti Sandham said...

Jonna,

Your show looks amazing! Look at all the work you have done. Congrats to your DH for getting a job too. Best wishes
Pattio

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had a visit to your place, very lovely artwork, Jonna. I was particularly jazzed to see your dragonfly as that has been the subject of MY interest this summer. Great pic of the poor thing too. Thanks for a great morning of art viewing. ;)

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home