The family room floor
The floor is finished.
Here are some process pictures. What a lot of work. My friend Cindy helped, I would have never been able to get done without her help.
After the carpet was ripped out.
Didn't get a picture of the primer stage. This is the first color used.
Purr supervised as much as she could but was pretty unimpressed with the whole process.
Next layer we used a sponge roller brush.
Also sponge rollered.
This last color I used the brush and just splattered it on randomly. This was the most fun. I now know how Jackson Pollack felt when he painted...
View from the balcony.
It didn't turn out like I had envisioned it but I do like it.
So one primer coat, one solid color coat, 3 sponged color coats, one splattered coat and two polyurethane coats. So glad it's finished.